Today, at 8 p.m ., is the deadline to turn in ballots for the Havre Public Schools construction proposal.
Those who have not turned in their ballots can hand them in to the Robins Administration Building at 425 6th St. It is too late to mail them in.
Superintendent Andy Carlson said they will begin counting the more than 2,000 ballots they have received at noon today and he hopes they will be finished by midnight tonight. Hill County officials must certify the ballots before they can be counted, and they will be busy certifying the ones they receive today.
The ballot asks voters whether or not Sunnyside Intermediate School and Havre High School should receive funds to make renovations to the campuses
A video that walks through the various areas of planned renovation is on the Havre Public Schools’ front page website.
Planned renovations include:
At Sunnyside Intermediate School
• Completion of classroom and special education room additions;
• Intervention room, staff room, meeting and office area renovation;
• Conversion of gymnasium to cafeteria;
• Addition of full-size gymnasium.
At Havre Middle School
• Safety improvements to parking lot.
At Havre High School
• Locker room renovations;
• Creation of fourth locker room to host events and tournaments;
• Construction of health/physical fitness room and wrestling room.