By Alan Sorensen
No one was injured in a fire reported in an apartment building in the 1800 block of Second Street at 8:35 p.m. Saturday.
A fire department report indicated that the fire started in the buildings laundry room and involved a dryer and some clothes. Montana Power personnel responded and cut power to the building, Assistant Fire Chief Craig Ellingson said firefighters evacuated the building and extinguished the fire that had spread to a wall and ceiling.
Residents were permitted back into the building at about 11 p.m., after firefighters finished with their investigation and after most of the smoke was cleared from the building.